Analysis of common problems in fingerprint access control & time attendance system
The application of fingerprint technology in modern life and work has become more and more popular. Fingerprint access control & time attendance system, fingerprint social security, fingerprint banking, fingerprint shopping malls, fingerprint pick-up and so on, and other new phenomena of life and work have been widely known. Fingerprint technology is increasingly refreshing our Modern lifestyle.
As a result, the world’s top fingerprint recognition technology has been highly valued worldwide, and the application of fingerprint recognition technology has rapidly developed. At present, many enterprises have been involved in the development and application of fingerprint identification technology, but most of them are introducing foreign fingerprint identification modules for system integration and development. The cost is relatively high and the market promotion is difficult.
Today ShineACS will introduce some common problems and answers in fingerprint access control & time attendance system
What are the common problems in fingerprint access control & time attendance system?
1, Can I identify the fingerprint on tape or copied?
No. The fingerprint time attendance machine can only recognize the living fingerprint.
2, if the finger is injured, the fingerprint cannot recognize, what to do?
The time attendance fingerprint machine can create two different fingerprint files under the same attendance personnel name. When one fingerprint is injured and cannot attend the attendance, another fingerprint can be used to complete the attendance. Or change your finger to re-file for attendance.
3. After the power cut, will the data be lost?
No. The time attendance machine is equipped with memory, and the attendance data will be automatically stored and backed up in real time.
4, What is the number of people using for one fingerprint time attendance card machine?
The fingerprint time attendance machine is determined by the fingerprint capacity. Due to the relatively concentrated attendance of commuting, it is usually completed within 15 minutes. In one time, it is more appropriate to use one of 200 people. The fingerprint time attendance machine can manage more than 10,000 people.
5, Some users’ fingerprint often cannot be verified by access control, how to solve the problem?
A: Some of the following situations may result in difficulties for some employees to use or not to use fingerprints for access control:
- Fingerprints are smoothed on some fingers;
- There are too many folds on the fingers, which often change;
- Finger peeling is serious;
A user whose fingerprint is not recognized can delete the fingerprint and re-register it, or register another finger.
When registering fingerprints, such users need to choose to use better quality fingerprints (fewer wrinkles, no skin, clear fingerprints), try to make the finger touch the fingerprint collection head area, and do a comparison test after registration; Register a few more backup fingers.
6, When the access control system machine cannot communicate, what are the reasons?
Possible reasons are:
- The communication port setting is incorrect. The communication port selected for connection is not the actual COM port used.
- The communication port baud rate of the computer is different from the baud rate setting of the attendance machine.
- The access control machine is not connected to the power supply or connected to the computer;
- The access control machine is connected but not turned on.
- The connected access control terminal number is incorrect.
- Data lines or converters cannot communicate.
- The COM port of the computer is broken.
7, After the access control & time attendance machine, is connected to the power supply, the LCD display is incomplete, sometimes only half of the display, sometimes the screen, what is the problem, how to solve?
The possible reason is that 1 motherboard is bad; 2 internal characteristics of the liquid crystal. At this time, you need to contact the supplier and return to the repair.
8, How to clear the administrator of the access control & time attendance machine?
You can use the door access control machine to communicate with the computer. After the communication is successful, enter the access control time attendance system management software tab page and click the clear administrator button to clear the administrator of the access control machine. After disconnecting, you can enter the menu mode of the access control device.
9, What is the reason for the “voice” sound when the access control time attendance device is connected?
- If the above phenomenon occurs when using RS-232 communication, the baud rate of the computer does not match the baud rate setting of the time attendance machine.
- If RS-485 communication is used, it may be that the two wires of the converter communication line are reversed, or the two wires are stuck together.
10, After the access control system device is turned on, it repeatedly displays “Please press (leave) the finger”. What is the problem? How to solve it?
The reasons for this problem may be:
- After using for a long time, the surface of the collecting head becomes unclean or scratched, which causes the collecting head to mistakenly believe that the surface has a finger and cannot pass, so this problem occurs. In this case, you can use a self-adhesive tape to stick the dirt on the surface of the collection head.
- The connection of the fingerprint collection head is loose or loose.
- Motherboard chip is broken.
- If there are two reasons for items 2 and 3, you need to contact the supplier to apply for warranty.
11, When operating in the access control and time attendance management, download fingerprint and password data are ok, but when reading the access control record, it indicates failure or midway error, how to solve?
This may be related to the data line, or the converter, or the COM port of the computer. In this case, you can reduce the baud rate of the access control and the computer, such as 19200 or 9600, and then read.
12, Time attendance machine connection is unreachable
- This situation generally occurs with customers who communicate using a 485 communicator.
- The two wires connected to the 485 communicators A+ and B- are reversed.
- When the time attendance machine is added, the address number is selected incorrectly. The address number is the machine number of the attendance machine. The machine number setting of the attendance machine is limited to 0001—
When adding the time & attendance machine information, the port number selection should be wrong.
13, Time attendance software can not issue a card?
- Check if the time attendance deviceis connected.
- Open the time attendance management system software interface to check whether the attendance machine is set as the card reader.
- The attendance machine is out of power. Please plug in the power of the attendance machine when using the attendance machine.
14, Time attendance software cannot find attendance details record?
- The collected data was not analyzed.
- There is no shift or the start date of the shift is wrong.
- There is no information such as the setting of the above work hours for the specific parameters of the attendance.
Please strictly follow the instructions and operating procedures when using the software.
15, The user pressed the fingerprint on the fingerprint time attendance machine. Why is the access control system software is not displayed and no number is generated?
There may be two situations:
- The user must first register on the fingerprint time attendance After the registration is successful when the access control management software uses automatic addition or real-time monitoring, the number will be generated according to the fingerprint.
- The GND on the time attendance fingerprint machine and the GND of the controller reader position are not connected. If the fingerprint machine is powered separately, this GND must be connected, otherwise, there may be no Wiegand signal output.
16, The user opens the door on the fingerprint machine by swiping card, why the card number displayed by the fingerprint machine is inconsistent with the card number displayed by the access control software, how to make it consistent?
When the time attendance fingerprint machine reads the card, it generally reads the original card number of the card, that is, the 10-digit card number, but when the fingerprint machine outputs the Wiegand 26 signal, the machine number + user number is output. If the requirements are the same, please consult the fingerprint machine manufacturer.
17, The user opens the door on the fingerprint time attendance machine is: card + fingerprint, why after the card is swiped, the door is not open?
When the fingerprint machine outputs the Wiegand 26 signal, it is issued after the fingerprint machine completes the user’s identification. As above, using the swipe + fingerprint, the user is required to swipe the card, and then press the fingerprint. After the two kinds of recognition are completed together, the fingerprint machine will output the Wiegand signal together.
18. If the user uses multiple time attendance fingerprint machines, then the same person will be repeatedly registered in the access control management software. How to avoid this problem?
It is true that the same person repeats the registration problem because the fingerprint machine generally has its own machine number. When the Wiegand signal is output, the Wiegand number will be different depending on the machine number. For example, 10001 and 20001 are the same person. The Wiegand number output on two fingerprint machines. To solve this problem, it depends on whether the fingerprint machine has the function of setting the machine-free output, that is, only the user number is output, and the user number is unique, so that the access control software does not need to be repeatedly registered.
19, If the user wants to use the illegal card alarm function on the fingerprint machine, how can this be achieved?
This function cannot be realized because the fingerprint machine is a legitimate user and will have Wiegand signal output, and the illegal fingerprint has no output.
20, If the user wants to use the duress password function of the fingerprint time attendance machine, how to set it in the access control software?
Although the fingerprint machine has a duress alarm function, the controller can not use this duress signal as a duress password, but only as a legitimate Wiegand signal. If the customer wants to use this function, it can only be realized by the fingerprint machine itself receiving the alarm.
21, 485 fingerprint machine networking and 485 access controller networking, can they share a serial port, a bus?
Although they are all 485 communication methods, in the actual wiring, it is better to take each bus, which may interfere with each other and is not convenient for the maintenance of the device.
22, How to achieve multiple fingerprints to open the door, how to operate?
This function can be realized, but the access control software is required to enable the multi-card door opening function. How to use the multi-card door opening, please refer to the access control software manual.
23, The customer uses a plurality of fingerprint machines and access controllers, because the fingerprint machine software does not have the machine number output function, so the access control software has multiple card number problems for the same person. In this case, how to attendance?
In this case, it is best not to use the access control software for attendance, but to use the fingerprint machine software for attendance. If you must use the access control software for attendance, then you can only specify a card reader in the access control software for attendance, and the rest do not.