What’s the common problems and solutions of the access control system-part 2?
7) The community cell door is not connected to the internet, and the access control is from China while the interphone is from Taiwan. We want to control the cell door lock with the door machine and access control, but the engineers think that is not good to control the lock, is that true?
A: Just a simple switch signal will work. It should be okay if you own both of the two systems and install a relay. If take the access control as primary, you can connect the open signal wires of the interphone to the open button of the access control without a relay. What you need to do is to install a simple triode switch circuit to control the switch of the original intercom system which can avoid mutual interference.
8) If installed an access control system in building A and also installed another branded access control system in building B, both of them operate individually. Whether there’s a possibility that the user can use the IC card/ID card of building A to open building B’s door and the functions of building A remain unchanged?
A: Theoretically it’s okay to do so, it depends on the access controller. But first, you need to figure out what kind of card you are using. For example, intelligent cards, ID cards or encrypted cards.
9) There are murmurs in the building host, and the noise is too loud to hear the voice of the visitors. Is it a power supply problem? If so, what should we do? If not, how to avoid it?
A: You should take the intercom system brand and the model of wiring into consideration, and more important is to find out where the interference comes from. It is likely that the aging power device interferes with the harmonic. You can try to change a good stable voltage power phase filter to have a test. The best solution is to update the power supply and then check the grounding is in a good connection.
10) What are the differences between IC card and ID card?
- The definition of IC card and ID card
The full name of IC card is Integrated Circuit Card, also called Smart Card. It’s read-write, with large capacity and encryption function, high data recording reliability and it’s convenient to use., such as E-card system and POS system. The Millfare serial cards of PHILPS is a typical application.
2.IC cards need to be initialized (i.e, encryption) while ID cards no need to do so.
While using the IC card, only when the IC card passes the particular two-way key authentication between the IC card and the read-write equipment it can work. In this way, it can improve the security of the whole system
Therefore, it’s necessary to initialize the IC cards (i.e. encryption) before factory. The purpose is that to make the IC card generates an unbreakable self-transferred system key to ensure the security mechanism of IC card system. When the IC card is initially encrypted and given to the user for use, the customer will get a private key of his IC card system through the IC card issuing system. Therefore, it can make sure that those user cards issued by other systems will not work at this system, which guarantees the specificity of the system and ensure the system’s safety using mechanism.
11) Why is the initialization not able to carry out by the users? This is because:
- If it’s initialized by the user, it can’t prevent the user from being cheating internally. Because when the user using the IC card system, and the staff use a card buy from irregular shops to initialized, then he can issue a resident card which only for household, moreover he can use the card to recharge and consume. This will not only cause serious cheating consequences but also result in loopholes in the IC card system security mechanism.
- Security: The IC card is much safer than the ID card. Reading card number in the ID card needs no permissions and it’s easy to copy. It must have a corresponding password authentication when read and write all the recorded data in the IC card. Even each area in the card has a different password protection to protect overall data security. The user can set a different password to read and write the data of the IC card, which provide a good classification management to ensure system security
- Recordability: Data cannot be written to the ID card. The record content (card number) can only be one-time written by the chip manufacturer. The developer can only read out the card number to use, but not able to formulate a new number management system based on the actual needs. The IC card can not only be able to allow the user to read out a large amount of data, but also authorize the user to write in a large amount of data (such as a new card number, user permissions, user data, etc.), The content of the IC card can be wiped over and over again.
- Storage capacity: the ID card can only record the card number; while the IC card (such as Mifare card of Philips) can record about 1,000 characters.
- Offline and networked operation: As there is no content in the ID card, the permissions and system functions of the cardholders must be fully supported by a database of computer network platform. While the IC card itself carries a large amount of user relative information (card number, user data, access information, consumption balance), it can completely get rid of the computer platform and realize the automatic transformation of the online and offline operation mode, which achieves a wide range of use and less wiring.
- One-card expansion application: As the ID card has no record, no partition and only has to rely on the network software to process information of each subsystem, which greatly increases its dependence on the network. If the user wants to add more functions after the ID card system is completed, additional wiring is required, which not only increases the difficulty of construction but also increases unnecessary investment. So, it’s difficult to carry out the system expansion and realized the real one-card system by using ID card.
The IC card storage area itself is divided into 16 partitions, each partition has a different password and with several sub-management functions, such as the first partition realized the entrance guard, the second partition is for consumption, the third partition is for the employee’s attendance and so on. IC card can completely be realized the purpose of one-card and it’s able to realize the completely modular design. Even if the user wants to add more functions, there are no needs for additional wiring. What he only needs to do is to add hardware and software module, which is more convenient for the extent and upgrade the IC card system, with the stable upgrade but the less duplicate investment.